Exciting News For Parents And Children!
Halloween is right around the corner and Orleans Co. Tree Service is excited to announce our pumpkin carving contest!
1st Place Prize: The first place winner will receive a 100.00 gift card to Toys R Us! *Parents for your help you will receive a Yeti cup!
2nd Place Prize: The second place winner will receive a 50.00 gift card to Toys R Us!
3rd Place Prize: The third place winner will receive a 25.00 gift card to Toys R Us!
Directions To Enter Contest: Simply take a picture of your carved pumpkin and post on your Facebook wall and tag Orleans Co. Tree Service in your post, as well you may email us with a picture of your pumpkin and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Contest Submissions Must Be Received By November 1st, 2016, and winners will be announced on November 2nd, 2016!
Make Sure To Follow These 5 Pumpkin Carving Safety Tips:
- Don’t let young kids carve. Children under 14 shouldn’t do the actual carving. Instead, have them draw the pattern with a marker and clean out the pulp and seeds with their hands or a spoon. It’s important to supervise older teens, too.
- Use the right tools. Consumer Reports tested pumpkin-carving kits a few years ago and found that specialty tools do a good job sawing through pumpkin rinds, poking holes, and scooping out innards without being razor sharp. The instruments are also generally small, which made them easier to control than most knives.
- Take precautions. Carve in a clean, dry, well-lit area, keep your hands and tools clean and dry, and take your time.
- Do decorative work before taking off the top of the pumpkin. Cutting the pattern on the surface before gutting the pumpkin will reduce the likelihood that you’ll put your hand in the pumpkin, where it could be vulnerable to injury.
- Know first aid. In case someone gets cut when carving a pumpkin, apply direct pressure to the injury using a clean dry cloth. If bleeding doesn’t stop in 15 minutes, get to an emergency room or urgent-care clinic.
Orleans Co. Tree Service Proudly Serving Central Virginia Since 1998
Contact Us at 804-733-4225 To Schedule Your FREE Estimate Today!
Connect With Us On Facebook At: https://www.facebook.com/orleanscountytreeservice